Workshop: DSAs ‘Modernisation’ – issues, good practice and developing effective solutions
Location: University of Manchester
This half day workshop will be led and facilitated by Pete Quinn, (Pete Quinn Consulting) accompanied by Elaine Shillcock, Chair Elect of the National Association of Disability Practitioners.
The workshop will enable participants to hear about progress in meeting the challenges of the modernisation of DSAs in a range of universities.
- Inclusive Teaching & Learning,
- NMH provision,
- Assistive Technology
- Strategic and Operational challenges to success.
By the end of the session participants will have had the opportunity to:
- learn about common progress;
- share their experiences of challenges encountered;
- hear of successes so far;
- consider the expectations of relevant sector bodies such as the QAA, DfE, OFFA and OIA
- have the thinking time to develop solutions to current challenges;
- benchmark their progress with others;
- explore models of change that can help influence university leaders to progress the Inclusive Teaching & Learning agenda.
This workshop was initially held in London in September 2017 and, due to popular demand, it was decided to run the event again in Manchester.
Please note that places for each of these two workshops are limited to 25 attendees so that everyone gets the opportunity to participate in quality discussion.
Morning Session: 9.30am – 12.00pm
Afternoon Session: 1.00pm – 3.30pm
Refreshments will be provided at both sessions but, to reduce costs, lunch is not provided
On the Day
Room 5.004 Crawford House l The University of Manchester l Oxford Road l Manchester M13 9QS
Directions: Building 31 on this map. If you then walk along Booth Street East to the far end of this building, you will come to a glass foyer with a lift – go to the 5th floor – http://documents.manchester.ac.uk/display.aspx?DocID=6507
Please note: UCU will be taking strike action at the University of Manchester on Friday. The building for the workshop is located on the edge of campus and not one of those most likely to be picketed.
The booking deadline was Friday 15th February 2018 but we do have a couple of places left if you would like to attend
Cost per participant will be £95