September Workshop: DSAs ‘Modernisation’ – a workshop on issues, good practice and developing effective solutions
Location: London South Bank University
This half day workshop was led and facilitated by Pete Quinn, (Pete Quinn Consulting) accompanied by John Harding, NADP Director and Head of University of Cambridge Disability Resource Centre.
The workshop enabled participants to hear about progress in meeting the challenges of the modernisation of DSAs in a range of universities.
- Inclusive Teaching & Learning,
- NMH provision,
- Assistive Technology
- Strategic and Operational challenges to success.
By the end of the session participants had the opportunity to:
- learn about common progress;
- share their experiences of challenges encountered;
- hear of successes so far;
- consider the expectations of relevant sector bodies such as the QAA, DfE, OFFA and OIA
- have the thinking time to develop solutions to current challenges;
- benchmark their progress with others;
- explore models of change that can help influence university leaders to progress the Inclusive Teaching & Learning agenda.
The first two chances to participate in this workshop were in London on Thursday 7th September 2017 at London South Bank University, Southwark Campus.
Morning Session: 9.30am – 12.00pm
Afternoon Session: 1.00pm – 3.30pm.
Cost per participant was £95.
Please note: it is also planned to hold this workshop in other areas of the country should the demand be sufficient. Please contact the NADP Office on email@example.com for details of hosting a workshop at your university.
For more information on Pete Quinn Consulting: https://petequinnconsulting.co.uk/