NADP is a Professional Association for those working in the tertiary education sector, who are involved in the management or delivery of services for disabled students.
To promote excellence in quality, sustainability and inclusivity of post-16 provision for disabled students and staff in higher and further education.
Our Core Values
NADP’s core values underpin our mission, and commitment to enhancing professional standards of staff committed to disability equality in post compulsory education to:
- Promote professional values standards through:
- Developing independent autonomous learning in students
- Promoting positive models of disability equality
- Development of inclusive environments within a Universal Design for Learning (UDL) framework
- Reflective professional practice focussing on working together across boundaries
- Evidence based research informed approaches
- Promote Service activities and delivery through:
- Strategic level engagement and translation of strategy into operational activity
- High quality student support, advice and guidance
- Relevant reports, papers, promotional materials and publications including a peer reviewed journal
- Monitoring, development and evaluation of professional practice
- Assessing of needs and recommending relevant interventions/adjustments and inclusive practices
- High quality training and Continuing Professional Development opportunities (CPD)
- Enhance specialist knowledge of practitioners with access to:
- Disability specific knowledge and literature
- Knowledge of the Further and Higher Education environment
- A range of academic needs, adjustments/interventions and inclusive practices informed by Universal Design for Learning (UDL)
- Knowledge of professional and ethical boundaries
- Legal and regulatory frameworks
Please note that NADP is not a public body and we are therefore not subject to the Freedom of Information Act requirements. However, if there is information that you would like then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will let you know if we are able to help.