Other Government Funding

Providing Personal Care to students with a disability studying within higher education

The aim of this paper is to “brief” the Department for Education and Skills (DfES) and other relevant stakeholders on a number of issues related to providing personal care for students with a disability within higher education.

Universal Credit – Disability Rights Guide

Disability Rights UK Disabled students and Universal Credit (with links) (September 2017)

Personal Independence Payment – Disability Rights Guide


Statutory/Government Funding

Undergraduate and Postgraduate Taught funding for additional support;

 Postgraduate Research

Study Abroad

Funding for some qualifying paid placements and employment

Additional sources of funding for additional support or equipment not available through statutory sources of funding: