Week 7: Wednesday 5th August
Video – to be confirmed
Video released Wednesday 5th August
Book using this link (not yet available)
Enabling Student Choice and Voice
Patrick McGrath, Education Technology Strategist, Texthelp
In this session, we’ll explore the importance and value of providing students with choice and voice in their learning. We’ll help map the journey to provide students with the flexibility and tools to learn what, when and how it matches their needs, interests and skills.
We’ll be identifying and explaining core frameworks that teachers and schools can adopt to progress current practice to a more student led approach. Looking at current good practice and the evidence of positive learning outcomes, we’ll then use the lens of technology to ‘get practical’ and identify a range of core technology tools and methodologies that can help start the journey to making learning personal for every single student within our diverse classrooms – ultimately providing better outcomes for all.
This session is underpinned by research, good practice and sound pedagogy whilst staying practical across all subjects and ages.
• Understand the importance and impact of student choice and voice to learning outcomes.
• Gain knowledge and understanding of core frameworks that can be adopted to increase choice and voice.
• Gain insight to allow educators to make more informed decisions on which technology to choose and the critical questions needed to do so.
• Experience a wide range of technology tools that can be integrated into learning to offer truly personalised learning.
• Understand how choice and voice fits within the UDL framework and offers enhanced accessibility for a diverse range of learners.
• Understand practical ‘next steps’ to increase choice and voice.
Suitable for All.