NADP Awards Scheme 2021
NADP members are invited to submit nominations for these two awards to a panel selected from the Board of Directors. The panel will consider all nominations submitted by members before midnight on Monday 22nd March 2021.
The ‘Deb Viney’ Award for an Individual Disability/Inclusivity Practitioner 2021
This award is given in Deb’s name to honour her major contribution to the sector. Deb Viney, who died in 2014, was one of the founders of the National Association of Disability Practitioners (then named the National Association of Disability Officers). She worked tirelessly to promote good practice in the sector and gave invaluable support to many colleagues both nationally and internationally.
The National Association of Disability Practitioners annually recognises one member of the association for their contribution to making a positive difference to the experiences of disabled students and/or disabled staff in the post-compulsory education sector.
Any member may nominate any other member for this award. There are more details here or please download the nomination form:
NADP Awards Scheme: The Disability and Inclusivity Award for a Service Team 2021
The National Association of Disability Practitioners wishes to annually recognise one disability or inclusivity team for their contribution to making a positive difference to the experiences of disabled students and/or disabled staff in the post-compulsory education sector, with effect from 2021 onwards.
The aim for this award is that it may be awarded to any disability or inclusivity team, regardless of their size or location. However, at least 50% of the team, including the Team Manager, must be NADP members to be eligible.
NADP members are to be invited in February each year to nominate their own or another team. An Awards Panel, selected from NADP’s Board of Directors, will consider all nominations which should include information about one or more of the following criteria:
- A team which has made a major contribution to the advancement of professionalism in higher or further education services for disabled students and/or staff in their institution.
- A team which has delivered an excellent service to its users and their institution.
- A team which has contributed in ways that extend beyond their substantive duties and responsibilities.
- A team which has made an outstanding contribution to the sector by conducting a sector relating research project during the last two years.
- A team which uses the results of learner survey data to target services where needed,
- A team that implements innovative practice to the benefit of service users,
- A team which engages with academic colleagues and managers of other services to ensure that the needs of disabled students and colleagues are understood and met,
- A team that can evidence positive impact in the overall effectiveness of their organisation.
Any member may nominate their own or any other team for this award. There are more details here or please download the nomination form: