Specialist Mental Health Mentor
Application Deadline: 01/03/2018
Location: St Giles, Buckinghamshire
Salary: 12.50-25 per hour
Sector: Higher Education
Candidates must hold a full Teaching qualification and experience of dealing with individuals with mental health conditions so the correct level & type of support is provided. A good level of general knowledge and study skills generally would also be advantageous.
A DBS check will be required
Job positions & qualifications requirements:
NADP Study skills (General mental health & study skills) mentor – Must be Registered with either The Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) or The British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) in line with DSA/QAG directives.
AS mentors – Must have Comprehensive training in adult autism, which must include All 5 NAS core autism online training modules. Applicants will also be required to hold a PG Certificate in Autism / Aspergers and a PGCE in line with DSA/QAG directives.
SPLD/Dyslexia mentors – Must hold PGDip in dyslexia and literacy support, Minimum level 7 in line with DSA/QAG directives.
Must have membership of (at least) one of the following 15 organisations:
1. Association of Child Psychotherapists
2. BABCP accreditation
3. BACP individual or MBACP
4. British Psychoanalytic Council – under a member institution
5. British Psychological Society Chartered Member (CPsychol)/IAPT register/ Graduate Member (MBPsS) AND also PG qualification in Psychology or Mental Health
6. COSCA accredited member
7. FDAP (NCAC)
8. General Medical Council (GMC) – Psychiatry
9. Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) (Arts Therapist/ Occupational Therapist/ Practitioner Psychologist/ Social worker in England)
10. IACP accredited member
11. National Counselling Society (Senior Accredited Member or above)
12. Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) – Mental Health Nurse/ community Mental Health nurse / Psychiatric Nurse
13. Social worker body for Scotland SSSC/ Wales CCWales/ NI (NISCC)
14. UKCP full clinical individual member
15. UMHAN member
Other equivalent professional body membership will be considered – please supply details
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com