Head of Disability Advisory Service
Application Deadline: 30/08/2020
Salary: £57,600 - £65,948
Sector: Higher Education
• To provide vision, leadership and direction for the Service in order to meet Imperial College’s strategic aims for inclusivity, disability and targeted student support.
• To ensure service development is evidence based and informed by data analysis and research, which will play a leading role in the development of a service level strategic plan.
• To build relationships, liaise and engage with external contacts, such as the NHS and the charity sector to maximise support opportunities for students and training / support for staff.
• To keep up to date with changes in the Higher Education, social, economic, political and global environment which may affect service users’ support needs.
• To manage Service staff, ensuring that all are undertaking continuous professional development and are committed to service excellence.
• To be responsible for the Reasonable Adjustment Fund, ensuring that expenditure is consistent with the College’s legal and moral obligations to its disabled students; liaising closely with the Finance Department to ensure that funds are appropriately monitored.
• To advise on or directly manage escalated complex case work as required, including acting as key liaison for multiple internal and external agencies.