Assessment Centre Manager
Application Deadline: 05/11/2018
Location: Leeds, Yorkshire
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
Sector: Assessment Centre
Aim Assessments is a sector leading DSA assessment centre, with offices across Yorkshire. We provide Study Needs Assessments to students who are accessing support in Higher Education, and pride ourselves on receiving exceptional student and stakeholder feedback.
We are a passionate team, with vast experience in assessing support needs for students in higher education. Our vision is to make every students’ experience engaging and exciting, with a genuine focus on helping individuals get the most from their course and fulfil their potential.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic disability practitioner to manage our head office team in Leeds and outreach centres across Yorkshire.
This person will play a key role in maintaining and developing our outstanding reputation within the disability sector, delivering a high quality and needs led service to students.
Centre manager responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring compliance with the DSA’s Quality Assurance Framework across all Assessment Centres.
• Ensuring all students receive an engaging and informative assessment tailored to the individual and their specific needs.
• Providing advice and guidance on disability related questions.
• Undertaking DSA assessments as required.
• Providing effective operational management across all Assessment Centres.
• Leading our staff team and freelance assessors including observations and regular feedback, as well as ensuring training/CPD is completed.
• Recruiting and training new members of staff and assessors.
• Managing the budget and financial requirements for all Assessment Centres.
• Supporting the Company’s growth plans and vision.
• Leading the implementation of new Outreach Assessment Centres.
• Extensive experience delivering and quality assuring DSA Study Needs Assessments, with a comprehensive understanding of the Equality Act.
• Extensive knowledge of the DSA-QAG Quality Assurance Framework, its requirements, implementation and audit process.
• Experience of leading and managing staff.
• Experience of managing and reviewing budgets.
• Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation and regulatory requirements, including Data Protection and Health and Safety guidelines.
• Exceptional communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with staff and stakeholders.
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent (essential).
• Post Graduate qualification or Professional Qualification in a closely related area (desired).
• Evidence of Continued Professional Development.
• Hours: Full time, 5 days per week.
• Contract: The role is a permanent position.
• Salary: £40,000 – £50,000 (dependent on experience) and pension.
• Place of work: Leeds, Yorkshire, LS3 1HS.
• There will be the requirement for travel to other office locations and industry events.
• There will be occasional out of core hours work to support all elements of Aim Assessments Ltd.
• The post is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check.
• Please contact Matthew Timmis on firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to view the full Job Specification, or have any questions on the role.
• Please submit a CV and covering letter to email@example.com by Friday 11th May 2018.