NADP2022 Week 3 – sponsored by Clear Links Support Ltd
Supporting apprentices and others on remote placements
Supporting apprentices has proved to be of particular concern this year and our webinar will focus on this area but we aim to widen out this week to look at support for disabled students on placement, research and field trips and also their year abroad.
It is widely recognised that hands-on experience and structured workplace learning provides students with the opportunity to integrate practical experience with nationally recognised qualifications. Disabled students and those with certain health conditions or those who are neurodiverse may need certain support and/or assistive technology to enable them to make the most of their studies and training.
We hope to look at a variety of ways in which colleges and universities have supported disabled students when learning remotely. This should include:
- What policies do universities have concerning placements?
- What about study abroad?
- What about field trips?
- What about research work?
- How do we ensure that remote online support is secure?
Please note: the views, information, or opinions expressed during the conference are solely those of the individuals involved and do not necessarily represent those of NADP.
Useful Disability Funding Links
Provided by this weeks’ hosts, Annie Beckett and Gary McGladdery
» more text
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Taught funding for additional support;
- Apprenticeship provider funding rules
- Disabled Students Allowances guidance 2022/23 (Student Finance England)
- Disabled Students Allowances guidance notes (Student Awards Agency Scotland)
- Disabled Students Allowances guidance chapters (Student Finance Wales)
- Disabled Students Allowances guidance (Student Finance Northern Ireland)
- Fund for Students with Disabilities (Republic of Ireland)
Funding for some qualifying paid placements and employment
Additional sources of funding for additional support or equipment not available through statutory sources of funding:
- Snowdon Trust Grants
- Scholarships, grants, and bursaries: Disabled students | Undergraduate, Conservatoires | UCAS
- Scholarships, grants, and bursaries | Undergraduate, Conservatoires | UCAS
» less text
- Marissa Hill
- Lindsay Conroy, UCAS
- Deb Tovey and Helen Davies, Aston University
- Trevor Boland
- Student Representative, Simon Hawthorne
The webinar will have BSL interpretation and will be published as a captioned video for those who cannot attend the live webinar. This interpretation was recorded live and may contain errors due to the live nature of the content, unknown speakers and limited preparation materials. The intention is to provide a true and accurate interpretation which is tailored purely to the needs of those present. Please keep this in mind when watching, thank you.
Please note, for the video below, captions were added 13th June at 9am and youtube may take a few hours to generate timings. If captions are not yet showing up, please return back in a few hours.
Our Sponsors this week: Clear Links Support Ltd
Look out for our Goody Bag entries for a prize draw and an opportunity to learn more about Clear Links