September Workshop: DSAs ‘Modernisation’ – a workshop on issues, good practice and developing effective solutions
Location: London South Bank University
This half day workshop will be led and facilitated by Pete Quinn, (Pete Quinn Consulting) accompanied by John Harding, NADP Director and Head of University of Cambridge Disability Resource Centre.
The workshop will enable participants to hear about progress in meeting the challenges of the modernisation of DSAs in a range of universities.
- Inclusive Teaching & Learning,
- NMH provision,
- Assistive Technology
- Strategic and Operational challenges to success.
By the end of the session participants will have had the opportunity to:
- learn about common progress;
- share their experiences of challenges encountered;
- hear of successes so far;
- consider the expectations of relevant sector bodies such as the QAA, DfE, OFFA and OIA
- have the thinking time to develop solutions to current challenges;
- benchmark their progress with others;
- explore models of change that can help influence university leaders to progress the Inclusive Teaching & Learning agenda.
The first two chances to participate in this workshop will be in London on Thursday 7th September 2017 at London South Bank University, Southwark Campus. Travel details can be found here.
In order to ensure space for a quality discussion, places will be limited so you are advised to book early to ensure your preferred choice of either the morning or afternoon session
Morning Session: 9.30am – 12.00pm
Afternoon Session: 1.00pm – 3.30pm.
Cost per participant is £95.
Refreshments will be provided at both sessions, but to reduce costs lunch is not provided.
Please note: it is also planned to hold this workshop in other areas of the country should the demand be sufficient. Please contact the NADP Office on email@example.com for details of hosting a workshop at your university.
Please book your place here
For more information on Pete Quinn Consulting: https://petequinnconsulting.co.uk/