Upcoming Events hosted by Partners and Friends
Please note that these events are NOT organised by NADP. We are listing them here for your interest.
Please find details of a workshop, kindly hosted by University of Leicester, to which I’m contributing in November aimed at anyone involved in Inclusive Teaching and Learning initiatives. This includes Educational / Course Developer, Teaching and Learning, AT or Disability Service roles.
Making it* happen: from Strategy to Action
14th November, University of Leicester, Fielding Johnson Building, LE1 7RH
with whole day and half day options for registration
HE providers need to develop solutions that ensure teaching, learning and assessment is embedded within day-to-day practice of academic departments. Equality legislation, which has been in place for more than 20 years, suggests proactive solutions are required to develop inclusive institutions. However, it can be the case that proposed solutions progress no further than planning documents at a strategic level.
This workshop will provide delegates with information, good practice and a network to utilise. The event will enable participants to share common challenges which HEPs experience in developing inclusive teaching and learning and consider current best practice and emerging solutions. In particular there will be an emphasis on how to ensure your institutional strategy can be implemented in practice.
10.00 – 12.45
- Overview of current issues for ensuring inclusion
- Responding to DSA changes
- Reconsidering the role of disability services
- Introducing new international accessibility standard for websites and apps and what action is needed in the coming months
- Solution focused approach as a way of simplifying challenges
- Identifying key takeaways
12.45 – 13.30 Networking lunch sponsored by The Learning Support Centre
13.30 – 16.15
- Identifying inclusive teaching and learning issues
- Exploring research evidence from teaching and learning studies
- Aligning disability services with faculty approaches
- Embedding approaches within faculties/departments
- Auditing for action your strategy for action
- Booking and more information via https://www.conferize.com/making-inclusive-teaching-happen-from-strategy-to-action
Please note the following details relating to an International Conference currently being organised by Handicap + studie, and may be of interest to you and your colleagues:
Venue: Conference Centre Domstad, Koningsbergerstraat 9, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Date(s): November 19th and 20th 2018.
- The outline of the Conference is now live on the website.
- Details of the programme itself can be found here
- Information on the keynote speakers and the sub sessions will be further supplemented in the coming weeks.
How to book:
Bookings can be registered here.
This conference relates to information that was distributed to delegates at the NADP International Conference in June 2018.
Claire Norman, who spoke at the NADP Conference this year, is hosting an event on Saturday 19th January 2019: ‘Silence on Campus: Making a Noise about Stammering’, very kindly sponsored by SOAS.
A conference featuring latest research, findings and discussion of stammering, specifically within the higher education domain. Talks covering university applications, socialising, assessment methods, academic and non-academic staff, job interviews and more!
Doors from 9:45am, refreshments provided
Event starts at 10:30am and ends at 5pm
Easy access to a range of lunch options in central London