AC2020: Supporting Disabled Students; Supporting Ourselves
Tuesday 23rd June 2020 & Wednesday 24th June 2020
The focus of the NADP Annual Conference 2020 is ‘Supporting Disabled Students; Supporting Ourselves’.
Our vision is that this conference will inspire and enable people to work together to support each other to enhance our communities. We aim to bring together the people who deliver action on the ground – from Academics, Disability Support Professionals, Individual Support Personnel and Assessment Centres – to share knowledge, ideas and experience.
In order to provide the best quality support for the disabled community in our Colleges and Universities, we must ourselves be supported. Working together effectively to produce the most positive outcome for everyone – students and staff. How can we do this?
Partnerships are a vital part of a disabled student’s success. These include partnerships between the student and all their internal and external support services and academic departments.
What do effective partnerships look like from research to practice? Our whole conference presentations and break-out lectures and workshops showcase some of these ideas and examples of good practice across the sector and beyond.
We have several focus groups which will allow all delegates to contribute personal views and institutional good practice.
We are looking forward to seeing you!
Feedback from Previous NADP Conferences
- Excellent conference and very friendly, which is important when you come on your own.
- Great conference, good choice of presentations and workshops
- I enjoyed the day and found the presentations very insightful and useful. Everyone was welcoming and it was good to meet others within area and find out about different structures and ideas.
- The venue (Chesford Grange) was good and the food and refreshments great.
- I found the opportunities to network were really good and really helpful. Everything was seamlessly put together.